When her alarm goes off bright and early on a Saturday, Kerry hops out of bed and gets dressed in her workout gear. She fills her water bottle up, takes her Magnesium tablets, and sets off for her morning workout. She has this lifestyle down to a T, but it wasn’t always this way.
Before discovering PM earlier this year, Kerry’s weekends were filled with multiple bottles of wine, over-indulgent foods, and minimal exercise. Now months later, she is still living her fun, full life, but she’s doing it with a much clearer mind and a much smaller waistline!
In the last six months at Prime Mover, Kerry’s dedication to her lifestyle change has resulted in a 14kg weight loss! She has also lost 18cm on her abdomen, 21cm from her waist, and 11 from her hips. And to top it all off, she just smashed her very first Tough Mudder obstacle race!
Read below to hear about Kerry’s inspiring achievements…
- When did you start at PM and what made you come here? I had my first class on Monday 4th January with Danny. I actually thought I might die after, I was so unfit. I knew I needed to get out of the vicious cycle of fad diets, which always resulted in loss, but then even bigger gain after. I was looking around for somewhere to give me the help and support I needed. PM was mentioned to me by an ex trainer, so I called them straight away and Joshua had me booked right in.
- How have things changed for you since joining PM? I understand so much more about how to nurture myself and understand what my body needs. Physically I am the fittest and strongest I have ever been. I’m still a work in progress, but certainly going in the right direction.
- What is your biggest achievement since joining? My biggest achievement was doing the Tough Mudder in May. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I could complete something like that.
- What is something you can do well now that you struggled with at the start? Burpees! I absolutely hated them. I can’t say I love them now, but they don’t fill me with dread anymore.
- What are your goals going forward? My goal is to keep giving 100% and doing my very best.
- How has PM impacted your family? My family are so impressed by how my fitness improved in such a short space of time. My daughters both come to PM now as well and love it.
- What would you tell someone who was just starting out at PM? I would tell them to give the 21 Day Transformation programme a go. It will hurt and you may feel like you’re dying, but if you listen to the advice given, stick to the nutrition, and give 100% effort in class, then you will never look back.
- What is your favourite workout to do here? I love the Tabata workouts, as they really push you. I have recently started doing performance classes as well and really love the buzz I get from lifting heavier weights.
- What are some of the things you have learned since being at PM? I have learned that it’s true you can’t out train a bad diet. I have always exercised, but never took much notice of my diet, which used to contain a lot of wine. I now have a lot less wine and focus on what my body really needs.
- What is your favourite thing about PM? My favourite thing about PM is the support I get from the trainers, as well as the whole tribe. From my first sessions I have felt welcome and like there was no judgement from anyone.
If you’d like to find out how to make amazing changes like Kerry, then click the link below and leave us your details. This could be the start to the rest of your life!