Hey Movers, we have another delicious Paleo-friendly recipe coming your way today! Today we’re sharing a morning muffin recipe that includes a combination of fruit and vegetables. We know that combo may sound a bit odd, but we promise it’s a tasty one!
Did you ever think you’d be able to get 1 of your 5 a day in muffin form? I mean, what could be easier than that? :p
¼ cup mashed banana (about 1 small banana)
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup grated courgette (squeeze some of the moisture out first)
1 cup grated carrot
⅓ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
1 cup almond flour
3 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
3-4 tbsp sultanas or other dried fruit
4-6 tbsp walnuts or other nuts/seeds
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Whisk together the mashed banana, honey, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the grated courgette and carrot.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the coconut, almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry, and stir well until combined.
- Mix in the sultanas and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into a greased or cupcake paper lined cupcake tin. Fill each cup ¾ the way full.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm or toasted with a dab of butter or some almond butter – mmm almond butter.
If you give this recipe a whirl, snap a picture and share it on the PM Facebook Page. We love to see your creations!
Hope you enjoy 🙂